Monday, August 29, 2016

Playlist.

Not much time to blog today. I #amwriting the YA suspense novel I've told you about.

As I've mentioned before in numerous blogs, interviews, and writing conference talks, I always put together a playlist of music that evokes the atmosphere and vibe of the book. It's not usually my favorite music, but there's something about the aggregate effect that gets me quickly into the right head-space to pick up where I left off.  This book's playlist is just beginning to form, but here is where it stands so far:


Yes, I realize one of these songs was on the Lego Movie preview; my book is very different, I promise. Also, while there are several songs below with nonsense-lyrics, I promise Clinch will be coherent. :)

 The Rend Collective - Create in Me a Clean Heart


Weezer - My Name Is Jonas


Of Monsters and Men - Dirty Paws


I Am They - From the Day


The Boondock Saints - Holy Fool


Plankeye - Open House


Burlap to Cashmere: Chop Chop


Flatfoot 56 - Brotherhood


Avicci - Wake Me Up








1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the playlist...and introduction to a few bands I haven't heard before. Thanks! ~ g

    ReplyDelete