Monday, June 1, 2015

Why, It's a Major Award!

On the Gut Check Podcast, we sometimes coin phrases. That's a thing we do. And one of them is, “Not to blow my own shofar, but . . . ” We do this (coining the phrases) because it is objectively funny. Also, feel free to use the phrases. You’re welcome.

Anyway, not to blow my own shofar, but I recently learned that my book Playing Saint was on the shortlist in the suspense category of the Inspy Awards. I’d be lying if I said it didn't feel pretty darn good having my book up there with Ted Dekker and Steven James. I was tickled when I learned it had been nominated, and ecstatic to learn that it was on the shortlist. Not expecting any more pleasant surprises, but who knows?

I was also happy to learn last week that some of my author friends have been nominated for Christy Awards, which is a huge deal. Tracy Groot's civil war novel The Sentinels of Andersonville is up for the historical fiction award and Carrie Stuart Parks’s A Cry From the Dust and Creston Mapes’s Sky Zone are in the running for suspense.

Oh, and Playing Saint has been nominated for a Carol Award too, but that is nothing to brag about since Carol Award submissions must be done by the author. Still, though, I was touched by my willingness to box up those books and ship them off to Colorado. :)
.
.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah, I should have been blowing your shofar (or is it blowing MY shofar about YOUR great accomplishment?) It's a great book, with creepy, Peretti-like parts (and I should know.) You are in fine company, m'friend. Bask in the glow.
    God bless,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah, I should have been blowing your shofar (or is it blowing MY shofar about YOUR great accomplishment?) It's a great book, with creepy, Peretti-like parts (and I should know.) You are in fine company, m'friend. Bask in the glow.
    God bless,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete